Wedding Photography In Edinburgh
A significant part of my wedding photography in Edinburgh service is the build up to the wedding day. I meet the majority of my clients before their wedding day to do what I call a ‘pre-wedding photo shoot’. This typically involves meeting my clients in Edinburgh and spending between one and two hours shooting a selection of photos and testing various poses.
Many clients have never taken part in a professional photo shoot before. The pre-wedding shoot provides clients with an opportunity to experience being in front of a professional lens and finding out what photos work for them. Perhaps more importantly we find out what, if any, photos don’t work.
Amy and Kieran are a lovely couple whose wedding I’ll be photographing next month. They’re getting married in a church in Dundee, then a short drive across the Tay Bridge to Fairmont St. Andrews for their wedding reception. I used to live in St. Andrews when I was a teenager, it’s like going back home every time I do a wedding there!
Amy and Kieran were great fun to photograph during our pre-wedding photo shoot. We met at Edinburgh’s Inverleith Park. This is one of my favourite places to shoot pre-wedding and family photos. It’s a massive place which has lots of places to shoot, with plenty of different backdrops and a great view of Edinburgh Castle. Our photo shoot took place on one of the windiest days of the year. Kieran works offshore for the oil industry, so we really had limited time available to do the shoot. Credit to Amy and Kieran, they persevered and I think the photos we got justify being battered by the wind!
Happy to take a little direction from me, we had a really good session and shot lots of really nice photos. Amy and Kieran were really relaxed in front of the camera. This is great news for the forthcoming wedding. Fingers crossed the weather is kind enough to allow us to shoot some photos outdoors. St Andrews is such a lovely place offering so many opportunities for gorgeous wedding photos. I can’t wait!
I’d like to share a few of my favourite pre-wedding photos with you. Enjoy!
- Crieff Hydro Wedding Photos – Laura and Iain’s Perfect Perthsire Wedding Day -
- Carberry Tower Wedding Photos – Christine Marty’s Wonderful Wedding -
- Royal Musselburgh Golf Course Wedding Photographer – Gillian and Dougie’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Orocco Pier Wedding Photos – Zowie and Stephen’s Wedding Day -
- Oxenfoord Castle Wedding Photographer – Caroline and Tom’s Amazing Wedding Day -
- Lothian Chambers wedding photographer Edinburgh – Nick and Michelle’s wedding day -
- Dalhousie Castle Wedding Photographer – Mya and Sky’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Event Photographers in Edinburgh – EDF Torness 25th Birthday Party -
- Fingask Castle Wedding Photos – Jenni and Andrew’s Perfect Perthshire Wedding! -
- Photographer Edinburgh – Sharon and Chris’ Edinburgh Castle Wedding Photos -