Royal Musselburgh Golf Course Wedding Photographer
I recently had the pleasure of being Gillian and Dougie’s Royal Musselburgh Golf Course wedding photographer. I’d met this lovely couple previously, first at our initial meeting and again at our pre-wedding photo shoot. I really enjoyed my time with Gillian and Dougie, and I knew they were going to be good fun to photograph.
My day began with covering the arrivals at St John’s and King’s Park Church in Dalkeith. Dougie was very relaxed with no sign of nerves at all as he greeted the guests outside the church. Gillian looked beautiful as she arrived with her Dad. St John’s Church was lovely, with plenty of space for me to move around and enough natural light to allow me to shoot photos without the use of flash.
After the ceremony there was an informal kind of receiving line, where the guests congratulated, kissed and hugged the newly-weds outside the church. This is always a wonderful opportunity to shoot informal and natural photos of everyone in good spirits.
Gillian and Dougie’s wedding reception was held about 20 minutes drive away at Royal Musselburgh Golf Course. Fortunately the weather stayed fair and we were able to shoot the group and newly-wed photos outside. Having spent time with Gillian and Dougie during our pre-wedding photo shoot was really useful as it meant our limited time together shooting newly-wed photos was spent creating beautiful photos instead of trying to find out what kind of poses worked best. We got a few beautiful photos of Gillian and Dougie which I am sure will make it into their wedding album!
The rest of our time together was spent inside Royal Musselburgh’s spacious function suite. Gillian and Dougie were piped to the top table to rapturous applause. Speeches and toasts followed. I love capturing people’s emotions at this part of the day, there was plenty of laughter and a few tears shed, always great opportunities for memorable wedding photos.
My day ended with the newly-weds cutting their wedding cake, making a few gift presentations to their parents and the first few dances. By the time I left the party was in full swing! This really was a lovely wedding day, and I can’t thank Gillian and Diugie enough for making my role easy by being so relaxed and happy.
Congratulations to Gillian and Dougie. A selection of images to tell the story of Gillian and Dougie’s wedding day are shown below.
Details of some of the wedding suppliers who helped make Gillian and Dougie’s Royal Musselburgh Golf Course wedding so special and unique:
Hairdressing: Bon Bon Hairdressing & Beauty
Make up: Kirsty Ruth Rodger
Piper: Craig Scanlon
Dress Supplier: Emma Roy Edinburgh
Cars: LR Executive
Cake: Fays Cakes
Groom’s outfit: The Kilt Store
Catering: The Royal Musselburgh Golf Club
DJ: Hilly’s Disco
- Crieff Hydro Wedding Photos – Laura and Iain’s Perfect Perthsire Wedding Day -
- Carberry Tower Wedding Photos – Christine Marty’s Wonderful Wedding -
- Royal Musselburgh Golf Course Wedding Photographer – Gillian and Dougie’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Orocco Pier Wedding Photos – Zowie and Stephen’s Wedding Day -
- Oxenfoord Castle Wedding Photographer – Caroline and Tom’s Amazing Wedding Day -
- Lothian Chambers wedding photographer Edinburgh – Nick and Michelle’s wedding day -
- Dalhousie Castle Wedding Photographer – Mya and Sky’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Event Photographers in Edinburgh – EDF Torness 25th Birthday Party -
- Fingask Castle Wedding Photos – Jenni and Andrew’s Perfect Perthshire Wedding! -
- Photographer Edinburgh – Sharon and Chris’ Edinburgh Castle Wedding Photos -