Orocco Pier Wedding Photos – Zowie and Stephen
I recently had the pleasure of shooting my first ever Orocco Pier wedding photos at Zowie and Stephen’s wedding day. Orocco Pier is one of South Queensferry’s premier wedding venues, offering some of the best views of the famous Forth Bridge and Forth Road Bridge.
I met Zowie and Stephen last year in Edinburgh city centre, and from our first meeting I knew they were my kind of couple. Relaxed, friendly, outgoing, warm and fun. I knew there wedding at Orocco Pier would be good fun to photograph, and I wasn’t wrong.
I arrived early in the morning to cover the preparations and to have a good look around for locations to shoot the newly-wed photos. Zowie and the girls were totally relaxed, no nerves at all and plenty of good humour as they got themselves ready.
Stephen and the boys were also relaxed, enjoying a pint before the guests arrived. The weather was dry, so we headed outdoors to shoot a few photos on the street before the ceremony started.
The Humanist wedding ceremony was conducted by the affable Ken McMillan. I love Humanist ceremonies, they’re always relaxed, informal and very personal to each couple.
The newly-weds were piped out by one of the best pipers in the business, Pipe Major Iain Grant.
After being congratulated by everyone and shooting a few group photos, I whisked the newly-weds away to the end of the pier to shoot a few photos with the mighty Forth Bridge as an impressive backdrop. One thing I noticed is that most other photographers don’t venture quite as far to shoot the newly-wed photos, choosing to stay closer to Orocco Pier. This is fine, except most of the photos have boat masts and other distractions fighting for your attention in the images. I’m glad we went that bit further, I think the resulting photos are just that little bit better for the effort.
The rest of this Orocco Pier wedding was spent in the beautiful Fuchsia function suite. There was much fun, laughter (and the odd tear!) during the speeches and toasts. Coverage of the day ended with me photographing the first few dances. By the time I left the party was well under way, with Zowie and Stephen dancing away surrounded by their family and friends. A wonderful way to end a wonderful wedding day!
A selection of images to tell the story of Zowie and Stephens’s wedding day are shown below.
Details of some of the wedding suppliers who helped make Zowie and Stephen’s Orocco Pier wedding so special and unique:
- Crieff Hydro Wedding Photos – Laura and Iain’s Perfect Perthsire Wedding Day -
- Carberry Tower Wedding Photos – Christine Marty’s Wonderful Wedding -
- Royal Musselburgh Golf Course Wedding Photographer – Gillian and Dougie’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Orocco Pier Wedding Photos – Zowie and Stephen’s Wedding Day -
- Oxenfoord Castle Wedding Photographer – Caroline and Tom’s Amazing Wedding Day -
- Lothian Chambers wedding photographer Edinburgh – Nick and Michelle’s wedding day -
- Dalhousie Castle Wedding Photographer – Mya and Sky’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Event Photographers in Edinburgh – EDF Torness 25th Birthday Party -
- Fingask Castle Wedding Photos – Jenni and Andrew’s Perfect Perthshire Wedding! -
- Photographer Edinburgh – Sharon and Chris’ Edinburgh Castle Wedding Photos -