Edinburgh wedding photography Lothian Chambers wedding photos
Yesterday I had the pleasure of shooting Edinburgh wedding photography Lothian Chambers wedding photos at the wedding of Tricia and Ross. I read many wedding photography blogs and notice one thing seems to stick out. Suppliers often forget that the most important thing in our business is the love of two people for each other and their commitment to each other. Lavish weddings can be fantastic. They have their place. But at the end of the day a wedding is a commitment between two people. That is what matters first and foremost.
Yesterday’s wedding was the perfect example of this. Tricia and Ross have been together for eighteen years. They recently decided to get married and chose my home city of Edinburgh for the occasion. All they wanted was to get married in their own special way. Tricia, Ross, the Registrar and myself were the only people who knew they were getting married. No guests or family were present. Upon their arrival at Lothian Chambers Tricia and Ross asked a couple of ladies to witness the wedding.
I’ve covered similar Lothian Chambers weddings in the past. I sometimes felt a little bit sad on these occasions. Most of the time the couple’s family and friends know they’re getting married, but for whatever reason the couple decide to do it all alone. It often seemed to be a shame that others weren’t there to enjoy the occasion.
No sadness for yesterday’s wedding, though! I was really happy for Tricia and Ross. There was something really romantic about eloping, keeping everything secret and doing it alone. I think the fact that no-one else knew made a big difference to how I felt. I really enjoyed being there to photograph the wedding, it was clear to see how much Tricia and Ross love each other. They did it their own way and managed to keep it secret. Good on them!
After the wedding we went outside to shoot a selection of photos in and around Parliament Square and the Royal Mile. Tricia and Ross were fantastic – it was freezing outside, yet not one complaint about being cold. These guys were great!
So back to my opening paragraph. A wedding is a commitment between two people. That is the most important thing, and Tricia and Ross clearly know that. Best of luck to them. And I hope their families are delighted at their wonderful news!
I’d like to share a few of my favourite Edinburgh wedding photography Lothian Chambers wedding photos with you. Enjoy!
You might also enjoy Margaret and Frank’s beautiful Lothian Chambers wedding photos.
- Crieff Hydro Wedding Photos – Laura and Iain’s Perfect Perthsire Wedding Day -
- Carberry Tower Wedding Photos – Christine Marty’s Wonderful Wedding -
- Royal Musselburgh Golf Course Wedding Photographer – Gillian and Dougie’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Orocco Pier Wedding Photos – Zowie and Stephen’s Wedding Day -
- Oxenfoord Castle Wedding Photographer – Caroline and Tom’s Amazing Wedding Day -
- Lothian Chambers wedding photographer Edinburgh – Nick and Michelle’s wedding day -
- Dalhousie Castle Wedding Photographer – Mya and Sky’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Event Photographers in Edinburgh – EDF Torness 25th Birthday Party -
- Fingask Castle Wedding Photos – Jenni and Andrew’s Perfect Perthshire Wedding! -
- Photographer Edinburgh – Sharon and Chris’ Edinburgh Castle Wedding Photos -