I recently had the pleasure of being commissioned for some Edinburgh wedding photography. This wedding took place at the beautiful George Heriot’s school, right in the heart of Edinburgh city centre.
I cover many weddings every year, but it’s always fantastic to be working in my home town. Edinburgh wedding photography is always great because of the huge number of prestigious wedding venues and wealth of outdoor locations offering beautiful backdrops.
This was my first wedding at George Heriot’s school. This is one of Edinburgh’s (and Scotland’s) best performing schools. Former pupils can request permission to be married in the school’s beautiful private chapel. What a great venue for Edinburgh wedding photography! The rear of the school offers one of the best views of Edinburgh Castle and as the entrance to the chapel was accessed to the rear of the building, it was the perfect location to take some stunning photos.
Former George Heriot’s pupil Alex was a very relaxed groom. We took a walk around the grounds of the school and took a few nice wedding photos. As Alex waited in the chapel his bride-to-be Sandra arrived. She too was lovely and relaxed, so I knew this was going to be a great day and we’d have fun during our photo shoot.
After a lovely wedding ceremony everyone headed outside where we took advantage of the beautiful sunny weather to capture more photos. The school has a central ‘Quadrant’ which is basically a large courtyard, this was ideal for taking photos, with the large door for the chapel making a beautiful background for a number of photos.
I always recommend to clients to choose 10 – 15 group photos. This gives a nice selection of groups, and leaves the newly-weds and myself plenty of time to spend taking contemporary wedding photos. The grounds of the school, the dwindling sunlight and the backdrop of Edinburgh Castle all meant taking stunning Edinburgh wedding photography was assured. I’m very pleased with the results and you can see a selection of these beautiful photographs here:
You might also enjoy Karen and Stefan’s beautiful George Heriot’s wedding photos.
Beautiful Edinburgh wedding photography by Jonathon Fowler Wedding Photography and Hi-definition Videography
- Crieff Hydro Wedding Photos – Laura and Iain’s Perfect Perthsire Wedding Day -
- Carberry Tower Wedding Photos – Christine Marty’s Wonderful Wedding -
- Royal Musselburgh Golf Course Wedding Photographer – Gillian and Dougie’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Orocco Pier Wedding Photos – Zowie and Stephen’s Wedding Day -
- Oxenfoord Castle Wedding Photographer – Caroline and Tom’s Amazing Wedding Day -
- Lothian Chambers wedding photographer Edinburgh – Nick and Michelle’s wedding day -
- Dalhousie Castle Wedding Photographer – Mya and Sky’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Event Photographers in Edinburgh – EDF Torness 25th Birthday Party -
- Fingask Castle Wedding Photos – Jenni and Andrew’s Perfect Perthshire Wedding! -
- Photographer Edinburgh – Sharon and Chris’ Edinburgh Castle Wedding Photos -