Edinburgh wedding photographers – Barony Castle wedding photos
Edinburgh wedding photographers really are spoilt for the amazing range of wedding venues we get to work in. But it’s always nice to get out of the city and head off to somewhere new. I’d never had the pleasure of photographing a wedding at Barony Castle before, so I was really looking forward to spending the day with the lovely Emma and Jamie.
A few weeks ago Emma, Jamie and myself met in Edinburgh for a ‘pre-wedding photo shoot’. This gives all three of us the opportunity to see what poses work and, perhaps more importantly, which poses don’t work. These guys are just made for each other and it showed in the photos we shot – they are totally relaxed in front of camera and a pleasure to photograph.
So the big day arrived and I was really looking forward to seeing Emma and Jamie and capturing all the details of their wedding day. I arrived at Barony Castle nice and early and went for a wander around the grounds, seeking out a few locations we could shoot some lovely photos after the ceremony.
Because Emma and Jamie were both staying at Barony Castle the night before the wedding, I was able to spend the two hours before the ceremony shooting photos of both the girls and the guys getting ready. It was a great atmosphere, where you could see the excitement and anticipation building. I knew this was going to be a wonderful Barony Castle wedding day!
The lovely civil wedding ceremony was followed by congratulations and champagne. Fortunately the weather was perfect for outdoor photography, which we took advantage of by shooting some exquisite photos in the grounds of Barony Castle. The sun was low in the sky and created beautiful lighting, with lots of trees and autumnal colours adding some gorgeous contrast to Emma’s beautiful white wedding dress.
I really enjoyed photographing and listening to the speeches. Some of the reactions and expressions on the top table faces were a joy to observe and made for some really nice photos.
My day ended with shooting the first few dances. It was great to see Emma and Jamie’s wee boy Joseph still awake and dancing away, not bad for such a wee man!
It was also great to catch up with a few familiar faces from previous weddings and family photo shoots. I had the most amazing day at Barony Castle, and went home really, really happy with the photos I’d shot.
Congratulations to Emma and Jamie, you were a pleasure to photograph. I’d like to share a few of my favourite Barony Castle wedding photos with you. Enjoy!
- Crieff Hydro Wedding Photos – Laura and Iain’s Perfect Perthsire Wedding Day -
- Carberry Tower Wedding Photos – Christine Marty’s Wonderful Wedding -
- Royal Musselburgh Golf Course Wedding Photographer – Gillian and Dougie’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Orocco Pier Wedding Photos – Zowie and Stephen’s Wedding Day -
- Oxenfoord Castle Wedding Photographer – Caroline and Tom’s Amazing Wedding Day -
- Lothian Chambers wedding photographer Edinburgh – Nick and Michelle’s wedding day -
- Dalhousie Castle Wedding Photographer – Mya and Sky’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Event Photographers in Edinburgh – EDF Torness 25th Birthday Party -
- Fingask Castle Wedding Photos – Jenni and Andrew’s Perfect Perthshire Wedding! -
- Photographer Edinburgh – Sharon and Chris’ Edinburgh Castle Wedding Photos -