Edinburgh wedding photographer Lothian Chambers wedding photos – Margaret and Frank’s Lothian Chambers Wedding Photos
As an Edinburgh wedding photographer now in my seventh year of covering weddings it’s fair to say I’ve seen most of the wedding venues Edinburgh has to offer.
One of my first ever photographic commissions was photographing a wedding at Lothian Chambers. I wasn’t sure what to expect. Being a registry office I mostly expected a slightly run-down municipal office type of building. I couldn’t have been more wrong.
Lothian Chambers is a beautiful building conveniently located in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town. Featuring a beautifully finished interior with grand staircase and wood panelled walls, this beautiful old building puts many hotels and other wedding venues to shame.
I’ve photographed many Lothian Chambers weddings and always enjoy being there. From a wedding photography point of view it’s a gorgeous venue with the added benefit of being located amongst some stunning buildings and streets which I always enjoy using as a beautiful backdrop for my photos.
Lothian Chambers weddings often are smaller events, and Margaret and Frank’s wedding was one of these more intimate occasions. I met Margaret and Frank the day before their wedding and they were such a nice couple who travelled from England to get married. Frank is an American who was on the team who developed the software I use for editing videos. It was great to ‘talk shop’ with him, though we had to cut it short as tech/geeky chat really wasn’t on Margaret’s agenda! I can’t really blame her!
The following day was really enjoyable. A lovely wedding ceremony followed by a photo shoot around Parliament Square and the Royal Mile. Luckily we had just finished shooting the photos as the heavens opened and it started pouring!
We then headed to The Dome in George Street, where the wedding reception was being held. This beautiful city centre venue is always a pleasure to visit and a great building for shooting wedding photos.
A wonderful day with a really nice couple. Congratulations to Margaret and Frank. I look forward to being back at Lothian Chambers next month.
In the meantime, I’d like to share a few of my favourite Lothian Chambers wedding photos with you. Enjoy!
- Crieff Hydro Wedding Photos – Laura and Iain’s Perfect Perthsire Wedding Day -
- Carberry Tower Wedding Photos – Christine Marty’s Wonderful Wedding -
- Royal Musselburgh Golf Course Wedding Photographer – Gillian and Dougie’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Orocco Pier Wedding Photos – Zowie and Stephen’s Wedding Day -
- Oxenfoord Castle Wedding Photographer – Caroline and Tom’s Amazing Wedding Day -
- Lothian Chambers wedding photographer Edinburgh – Nick and Michelle’s wedding day -
- Dalhousie Castle Wedding Photographer – Mya and Sky’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Event Photographers in Edinburgh – EDF Torness 25th Birthday Party -
- Fingask Castle Wedding Photos – Jenni and Andrew’s Perfect Perthshire Wedding! -
- Photographer Edinburgh – Sharon and Chris’ Edinburgh Castle Wedding Photos -