Edinburgh photographers are spoiled for choice when it comes to shooting photos outdoors. Just last weekend I had the pleasure of doing a pre-wedding photo shoot for Padmini and Rajat. This lovely couple are due to get married in India but they wanted to have a few professional photos of themselves taken around Edinburgh.
Padmini used to live in the Calton area of Edinburgh and asked if we could start our photo shoot there. I met Padmini and Rajat at Holyrood Park and started our photo shoot with a few photos of the couple with the Palace Of Holyrood House and Arthur’s Seat as a backdrop.
From there we walked past the Scottish Parliament building to shoot a few photos on and around the Royal Mile. I love doing city centre photo shoots. The couple being photographed always receive lots of interest from people passing by. We joked that Padmini and Rajat should pretend they’re famous Bollywood stars in Edinburgh for a photo shoot!
From The Royal Mile we made our way the short distance to Calton Hill. I recommended this location as it offers some amazing views of Edinburgh. This was important. If you’re making the effort to come to Edinburgh for a photo shoot, I feel that it’s essential to capture some key landmarks and buildings of Edinburgh in the background.
Calton Hill has the Scottish National Monument as one of it’s most famous structures. This impressive monument was constructed to commemorate Scottish Soldiers killed in the Napoleonic wars. It makes for an impressive backdrop for some of my photos. I then asked Padmini and Rajat to turn around and another famous Edinburgh building, Edinburgh Castle, was used as a backdrop for our next photo.
We spent around 30 minutes on top of Calton Hill, shooting a really good and varied selection of photos.
It was great fun shooting photos of Padmin and Rajat. They’re a lovely couple who are getting married in real style in India. Not like your typical Scottish weding, which usually lasts a day, sometimes a weekend. Padmini and Rajat will get married in a five day celebration, with over seven hundred wedding guests. The event will be covered by no fewer than six wedding photographers. Kind of makes what I do seem a bit lame by comparison!
I’d like to share a few of my favourite pre-wedding photos of Padmini and Rajat. Enjoy!
- Crieff Hydro Wedding Photos – Laura and Iain’s Perfect Perthsire Wedding Day -
- Carberry Tower Wedding Photos – Christine Marty’s Wonderful Wedding -
- Royal Musselburgh Golf Course Wedding Photographer – Gillian and Dougie’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Orocco Pier Wedding Photos – Zowie and Stephen’s Wedding Day -
- Oxenfoord Castle Wedding Photographer – Caroline and Tom’s Amazing Wedding Day -
- Lothian Chambers wedding photographer Edinburgh – Nick and Michelle’s wedding day -
- Dalhousie Castle Wedding Photographer – Mya and Sky’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Event Photographers in Edinburgh – EDF Torness 25th Birthday Party -
- Fingask Castle Wedding Photos – Jenni and Andrew’s Perfect Perthshire Wedding! -
- Photographer Edinburgh – Sharon and Chris’ Edinburgh Castle Wedding Photos -