Dalhousie Castle Wedding Photos
On Sunday I had the privilege of shooting more Dalhousie Castle wedding photos. This was my second Dalhousie Castle wedding in three weeks, having also covered Helen and Bram’s wedding day at this amazing wedding venue.
Dalhousie Castle dates from the 13th century and is a beautiful setting for a wedding. Set in its own grounds, the castle boasts its own private chapel where you can have your wedding rings delivered by an owl!
My day started with coverage of the preparations. Jen and Terry had travelled from Thunder Bay in Canada to be married at Dalhousie Castle. I love when people come from abroad to be married in Scotland, it’s fantastic to see and a genuine privilege to be part of such and occasion. As Jen and Terry were both getting ready at Dalhousie Castle I was able to cover both of their preparations. This is great as it means the newly-weds will have a good selection of photos to begin their wedding album.
The wedding rings were delivered via Dalhousie’s owl outside on the patio. I got a few really nice action photos of the delivery, but I had to be quick as the owl is one fast moving bird!
Jen was piped into the chapel for the wedding processional. Terry is a cool and relaxed kind of dude, but when I stood at the front of the chapel as Jen was coming down the stairs, I saw Terry’s eyes glazing over with emotion and just had to capture that moment. The wedding ceremony was lovely, with three readings by family and friends and just a lovely happy atmosphere.
After the wedding ceremony there was time for everyone to congratulate the newly-weds and enjoy a celebratory glass of champagne. The weather was warm and dry, so we headed out onto the patio to shoot a selection of group photos. Leaving the guests to enjoy their canapés and drinks, Jen, Terry and I went for a walk around the grounds of Dalhousie Castle to shoot a few romantic and contemporary photos.
The newly-weds were then piped into the Ramsay Room and cut their wedding cake with the Piper’s ‘dirk’. This was followed by the speeches and gift presentations. All good fun and always great for capturing lots of different expressions on people’s faces.
The evening ended with me shooting photos of the first few dances. The evening entertainment was provide by an excellent band called The Saturns, they had the floor packed! A brilliant finale to a wonderful wedding day.
Great to be working again with the hugely talented Adam of Inspire Video, a videographer in the same mould as myself – he shoots beautiful footage of your wedding day without getting in the way or making people aware of his presence.
Details of the wedding suppliers who helped make Jen and Terry’s Dalhousie Castle wedding so special and unique:
A few of my favourite wedding photos of Jen and Terry’s wedding day are shown below. You can also view the full gallery of Jen and Terry’s Dalhousie Castle wedding photos.
- Crieff Hydro Wedding Photos – Laura and Iain’s Perfect Perthsire Wedding Day -
- Carberry Tower Wedding Photos – Christine Marty’s Wonderful Wedding -
- Royal Musselburgh Golf Course Wedding Photographer – Gillian and Dougie’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Orocco Pier Wedding Photos – Zowie and Stephen’s Wedding Day -
- Oxenfoord Castle Wedding Photographer – Caroline and Tom’s Amazing Wedding Day -
- Lothian Chambers wedding photographer Edinburgh – Nick and Michelle’s wedding day -
- Dalhousie Castle Wedding Photographer – Mya and Sky’s Wonderful Wedding Day -
- Event Photographers in Edinburgh – EDF Torness 25th Birthday Party -
- Fingask Castle Wedding Photos – Jenni and Andrew’s Perfect Perthshire Wedding! -
- Photographer Edinburgh – Sharon and Chris’ Edinburgh Castle Wedding Photos -